Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swimming Sophie!

Today was Sophie's day to swim. Yes, I pay to take my lab swimming. But, really, there is method to the madness; I live in the driest place on earth, so it seems. I have tried to find a swimming hole, lake, dugout, really anyplace where I can take the dogs swimming, but sadly, I have not been able to locate anything other than the North Saskatchewan River. And, that seems to me to be too dangerous. I have no idea if Soph is strong enough to swim in it, and I live in fear that the currents would sweep her away. So, I pay.  Really though, Sophie has recently been diagnosed with hip dysplasia and arthritis in her left knee so in the interest of keeping her muscle tone up, and keeping her mobile, I take her swimming every other week. It's worth it.

Just for the record, Bay's Waterpaws (http://www.waterpaws.ca) is an all breed, warm water swimming pool for dogs. And, Corrine, the owner/operator is a lifesaver as she wears my girl out with just 30 minutes of hard swimming! 

So, for your visual pleasure, I now give you Sophie wearing her life jacket


Sophie plays games while she is there, usually fetch through the water with a ball or the dummy. Or, like today she played, catch me if you can, chasing Corrine through the water. Very amusing! 





And once more with feeling....






No comments: