Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall is in the Air

For any of you who know me, you know I have had a hard fall so far. For whatever reason, I caught a cold three and a half weeks ago, and couldn't shake it. Now, it's moved into a lovely sinus infection and my asthma that I like to ignore has gone completely haywire. So, in the midst of shortness of breathe and mind numbing pain, what do I do? Yard clean up.

Yes, it's true. I raked leaves. And, with the dogs in the yard. Because that all makes SO much sense!




So, my day of raking leaves began with Spike bringing me his soccer ball. He LOVES that ball. Too much. He spent much of the time dropping that ball at my feet, begging to play.  So, how could I not?




C'mon Spike, bringing it here, buddy!



Hurry up and kick it already!




Even in the midst of working, it was punctuated by Spike returning with that silly, flat soccer ball!




When I finally did get down to work, there was Sophie, quick to pounce into the leaves. Her way of helping is to make sure her favourite ball, the little bouncy one didn't get swept away into one of the many garbage bags.




See, I DID accomplish something! 13 bags later, and I have lots left to go. Ah well, it will have to wait for another nice day!


No comments: