Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lazy Sunday Morning

I woke up at 5AM, which really isn't that unusual for me. So, what I tend to do is grab a cup of coffee and settle in with a book or the TV until it seems a more appropriate hour to be up and about. Not this morning; for some reason, long about 6, I decided it was a great time to start cleaning the house and doing laundry. The dogs, of course, are happy to oblige by getting out of the way.



 Sophie attempting to lounge on a pillow, brought to this house by one of the fosters that moved in here for a short time. His new parents didn't need the pillow, so I am hanging onto it for the next crew moving in... I think I am getting a couple of little Spike's as soon as they are old enough to leave the nest and venture out into the world. They are three weeks old or so right now, but with 11 puppies, and all black with bits of white, it's a foregone conclusion they won't all be adopted by 8 weeks old. Sigh. Nothing like puppy breathe! ANYWAY....


Spike, hiding from the vacuum, in his crate. He won't even look at me when the vacuum comes out! Anyway, whatever. The house needs to be cleaned.

The other night, I took the dogs over to Rebecca's place for a run and attempted to get some photos. What resulted was a bunch of blurry pics as they sped back and forth, through the field, running for the joy of it. Here they are anyway; it gives an idea of the speed and fun they had!



Spike, sniffing something. 



Run, Sophie, run! Look at her ears fly!




Speed demon, Spike. Look out flyball world, here we come!! 



I think this is where Spike started to notice the horses, up at the top of the field, along the fence. It was all downhill from there, as he decided he must attempt to herd the horses, from this side of the fence. The horses of course, were less than concerned and all came running to see who was soooo upset they were there! 

It's always nice to have tired dogs after a good, hard run. It was a cold night out there, but somehow having two tired dogs, ready to cuddle made it worth the chill I got.

No comments: