Sunday, July 18, 2010

Adventures in lawn cutting

My lawn was bad. There's no question that my lawn was part jungle and had really gotten out of control. With all the rain we've had this summer, my lawn has grown and grown and I should have cut it before I left for my few days away but sadly I didn't. So, I set out to tackle it today and lucky for you, I have pictures of the adventure, complete with my helpers!  I use a reel mower, in an effort to be eco-concious but I have to admit that it doesn't cut the lawn that well at the best of times, but when it's this long it's a horrible amount of effort and the result is spotty at best. I'll likely have to redo it tomorrow or Tuesday, but such is life.


This photo doesn't really do it justice, but in places the lawn was above that jump height, which just for the record is 6".  The lawn is so long, I couldn't even spot the extra jump bars, hiding.


Little Murphy, who is really not that little. Yikes, long enough she has to bounce through the grass, and all you can see in places are those crazy ears.



Yum, yum... sometimes I think Sophie is part cow!



"I think this blade tastes good! Erm, not sure. Get that camera outta my face, woman!"



Such a cute little midget!!



Almost a great doggy shake photo! Ah well, Sophie loves her pool, after grass eating duties are over!



"Really, we're helping, Ma!"  My girls, snacking on the lawn.



Spike does not like to get in the way, so he tends to hide whereever he can, when the lawnmower comes out. This time, he is standing in the doorway of the garage.



Ah, that's better.  A shady spot out of the way. Believe it or not, that lawn was cut already. 



Spike and Murphy. Yup, I think he's finally come to accept the fact that she's staying.



Sophie and Spike. Spike's reaching for a bone here, and Sophie is sitting very akwardly. It's a sign that her hip is hurting a bit today, post trip to Rebecca's. However, she's not limping, just a little "sway backed" when she walks so it's not as bad as it could have been!




And for good measure, Murphy with those truly absurd ears!


No comments: