Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The continued battle of the Strawberries....

My strawberries are having a lovely growing season on the front step. I harvested maybe a dozen lovely berries this morning, intending them for my lunch today after class. I however left them too close to the edge of the counter and could hear suspicious noises as I stopped to check my emails. By the time I yelled and got to the kitchen, this is what was left....



The guilty party??  Well, Sophie of course! 


She's trying to look innocent here, but a few minutes later, she knocked the container on the floor where she and Murphy ate the rest. Sigh, so much for my strawberries today!!

2 comments:

Casper and pals said...

YUMMY!

Jean said...

LOL! Thank goodness my dogs don't like berries - they seem to be the only thing I can grow successfully and I AM NOT SHARING THEM!