Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I guess the news is out....

Yup, thanks to the wonders of facebook and relatives who talk to my mom, she now knows my "big secret"... the biggest change of my spring. I've not said a great deal until now, because I was waiting to make sure it was absolutely going to happen. But, yes, it is...

I'm getting a puppy. My puppy was born just over a week ago to a breeder (an AMAZING breeder) in Northern BC, and this is my dream dog. She's a little labrador- she should grow to be Spike sized, so a tiny bit smaller than Sophie. She comes from amazing hunting lines and her momma is an agility superstar.

Yes, the timing is not ideal. But, puppies happen when they happen. I've been reminded that several times over the last while... it's never going to be a "good time" but when the puppy is there, sometimes you have to jump and take the chance.

So, more about her.... she is 1 of 8 puppies born to Verona and Ace... Verona is a tiny little Black Labrador. Ace is a not much bigger Yellow Labrador. These dogs are built for speed. And, smarts... they are the ideal agility lab. :)  I will not know which is my puppy yet- not for weeks yet, but all I know is I'm getting a girl. And, she's BLACK! YEAH!!

Why??  Well, my thoughts made it clear to me that it actually might be the right time... Sophie is retired, of course. Murphy is my wild card; she may never be anything more than a beloved pet. She is training agility but it's 2 steps forward, 3 backwards with her and I have no idea where it will go.  By the time my puppy is old enough to run agility, Spike will be 9- staring down the backend of a career together. So, I need a dog to run. And, this litter fit the bill.

So, sorry mom you found out there the wonders of facebook. But, now you are in the loop too...

I'll try to get some photos up in the next few days; Erin has given us permission to share our babies photos with the world.

5 comments:

K-Koira said...

Congrats! New puppies are such hard work, but so rewarding!

Pamela said...

Congratulations! What exciting news.

The next month will be gone before you know it and you'll be up to your elbows in puppy responsibility. Good luck!

Dexter said...

That is wonderful news. Is anything more adorable than a little black bowling ball lab puppy? Dexter is also of the smaller, sturdier conformation and comes from a strong line of field dogs. He is really almost too clever for me. Hehehe. Can't wait to meet her.

Mango Momma

caninesteins said...

puppy puppy!! Name ideas yet? That is the best part of getting a pup imo

~Emily (with Lilly, Sophie, Nym)

Achieve1dream said...

How exciting!!!!!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. :D I can't wait to see pictures.